Wednesday, January 7, 2009
*Image credit/source and caption*
(1) Photo by Lee Jong-geun/The Hankyoreh, Hankyoreh article, Jan.6, 2009
(2) 'Yonhap News’ photo from Nanum Munwha(meaning Sharing Culture) website
(3) Nanum Munwha website
(4) Poster for the Jan.6 Candle light vigil from the Korean Migrant Workers Human Rights Center website
(5) Save Palestine petition from Nanum Munwha website
(6) ‘No Starbucks’ from Save Nature(Green Monkey Blog)
A Follow-Up from the former blog.
Following the Dec. 30 and Jan. 5 protest in front of the Israeli embassy, about 300 citizens and activists from about 20 organizations had again the candle light vigil, solidarity with the Palestine on Jan. 6, 2009. The organizations included All Together, Center for Peace and Disarmament of the People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy(PSPD), Civil Solidarity for Human Rights Practice(?), Democratic Labor Party, Friends of Asia, Frontiers, Imagination for International Solidarity(You can see the joint English statement on Dec. 30, 2008, here), International Solidarity for Democracy(?), Intifada Korea, Jinbo Korea, Lawyers for a Democratic Society, Migrant Trade Union, Nanum Munhwa, New Jinbo Party, Palestine Peace Solidarity, Peace Network, Power of Working Class, People’s Solidarity for Social Progress, Korean Confederation of Trade Unions, Korean Federation of Medical Groups for Health Rights, and the Socialist Party.
* Protest in the NY
* ONE MUST SEE THESE TWO(International Fwd)
_Sabbah blog(a Palestein activist blog)
_ Cluster bombs, DU, and White Phosphorus being used by Israel in Gaza
( Fwd from Stop Okupacji, Agatha Haun and No US Bases)